Which Outboard is Better? Mercury 300HP FourStroke or 300HP Verado?
Are you considering getting a new boat or repowering service and wondering which engine you should choose? Many customers ask us about this to fulfill their personal and commercial needs—especially when selecting from the famous, proven Mercury Verado and Mercury 300XL FourStroke Outboard on Vancouver Island.
Hence, our team worked on the details and created a brief overview and comparison of both these Mercs.
Mercury Marine is continuously expanding and augmenting its lineup of boat engines to provide efficient, reliable options to anglers they have never had before. From the SeaPro’s outstanding commercial performance and durability to the excellent output of Pro XS in sportfishing and other tournaments; from FourStroke’s optimized fuel efficiency and rigging versatility to the refined, next-edge performance from Verado, Mercury engines have created a benchmark in every segment.
And today, we will compare Mercury 300 Fourstroke vs 300 Verado. It will help identify the suitable Mercury Marine engines for sale to repower your vessel.
Mercury 300 HP FourStroke Engine
Power, efficiency, flexibility, and reliability – Mercury V8 outboards provide legendary performance backed by its forward-thinking technology. The 300HP boat engine suits various vessel types and works in any water condition.
Mercury launched this V8 4.6-litre engine in 2018. It has certainly changed the market’s face. More torque, more acceleration, a lightweight design, and excellent fuel efficiency – these standards are far better than its nearby competitors. When you buy Mercury 300XL FourStroke, you get an electric starting with SmartStart protection, 279 CID displacement, options for hydraulic or power steering, and a speed of 5200-6000 RPM speed at full throttle with many other excellent features.
Benefits of Mercury Marine 300HP FourStroke Engine
- The 85-amp output from the alternator in ideal charge condition means you get ample power, regardless of the load and number of marine electronics on your boat.
- Mercury’s engineering team has precisely designed the engine to cut every possible ounce, which ensures you get the lightest 300HP outboard in the class. It is almost 50 pounds lighter than its nearest competitor.
- It comes with an adaptive speed control technology that helps maintain the RPM speed, regardless of the load on your water or the water conditions like tight turns, rough water, etc.
- The closed-loop fuel control technology adjusts the fuel mixture and gives the maximum possible range.
Mercury 300 FourStroke is a highly demanded outboard for long-distance sportfishing trips on the West Coast of BC, Canada
Mercury Verado 300 HP Engine
Known for power, design, and performance – the Verado series outboards from Mercury Marine deliver ultimate boating and fishing experiences to the Canadian boaters. Mercury’s team made these engines with advanced engineering and marine technology. Suitable for larger vessels and bolder adventures, buy Mercury Verado 300XL in BC if you do not want to compromise with quality.
Below are the primary differences between the Verado 300 and regular 300HP FourStroke:
- Verado 300 has an Advanced MidSection (AMS) design while the 300 FourStroke has Conventional MidSection (CMS)
- 300 Verado has the Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) as a standard, which is only an option on the 300HP FourStroke
- Also, the Verado 300HP engine has the integrated Electro-Hydraulic Power-Steering as a standard
Other notable features of Mercury Marine 300HP Verado are a V8 4.6L cylinder configuration with 279 CID displacement, an electric start with SmartStart protection, and a power trim and tilt system. It also boasts a powerful alternator that generates 115-amp power at an ideal charge that helps reach 5200-6000 RPM speed at full throttle – and many more.
If you want to go smooth on higher RPM: The Mercury 300 Verado is unparalleled fuel efficient and silent at more speed and RPM.
Benefits of Mercury Verado 300 HP Outboard
- The powerhead has a large displacement, enabling high power and improved low & mid-range torque. As a result, you get a better acceleration for both types of needs; to run heavy vessels and to get instant power to move on the plane quickly.
- Its design virtually eliminates vibration. It provides smoother, quieter operation even in rough water conditions.
- The Verado 300HP outboard has 12-15% more torque and 8% better fuel economy than its counterparts. That means you get a satisfying on-water experience every time.
- Apart from the superior corrosion resistivity, you get a three-year corrosion warranty from the brand for the Verado engine.
Boat Dealers in British Columbia like Alberni Power & Marine on Vancouver Island store the full range of 200-300HP FourStrokes and 250-600HP Verados
Which is better? Mercury 300HP FourStroke or Mercury 300HP Verado? When you ask these questions to your nearby boat dealers in Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC, or any other city in Canada, you will get the correct answer based on your boat specifications and requirements. Alberni Power & Marine, the largest Mercury dealer in Canada, have proficient, experienced marine professionals who help you throughout your buying process. Our team will assist in selecting the right boat motor for your recreational needs, marine electronics, and other boat accessories & parts. Request a quote today!