Covid 19 Policy - effective June 2, 2020
We are open to walk-in traffic with restrictions, including maximum number of customers allowed.
As individuals living in our community, we have a responsibility to do our part to prevent the spread of this Covid-19 virus. To comply with the Federal and Provincial Health Officer’s social distancing recommendations and to keep our staff, families and customers safe, Alberni Power & Marine has developed a Covid-19 Protection Plan for all our facilities - including Alberni Industrial Marine Supply.
You are still very welcome to make requests by phone & email, if you are feeling uncomfortable or unable to walk in our facilities. Learn more about and our new regular hours at our Contact Page.
Covid-19 Protection Plan in all our facilities for customers, staff and suppliers
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways. It can spread in droplets when a person coughs or sneezes. It can also spread if you touch a contaminated surface and then touch your face. The risk of person-to-person transmission increases the closer you come to other people, the more time you spend near them, and the more people you come near. The risk of surface transmission increases when many people contact the same surface and when those contacts happen over short periods of time.
We have determined that the greatest risks can be mitigated by implementing the following protections:
First Level Protection - Limits on numbers of people and physical distancing
Based on developed guidance we have adopted the following policies:
- We will be limiting the number of people in our various locations; workers and customers
- We will provide workspaces for employees and designated areas for customers ensure 2 meter physical distancing.
- No Returns accepted at the present time. Return times extended.
Second Level Protection - Barriers, Partitions, etc.
- Cash register positions will be limited and protected with Plexiglas barriers.
- 2 Meter (Physical Distancing) Signs will be placed on the floor and in strategic locations to remind customers and staff.
- Change Rooms, Washrooms and Break Rooms will be limited to One person at a time
Third Level Protection - Rules and Guidelines
- Workers, customers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace.
- Posters will be placed at all entrances to remind of this policy.
- We have posted signage at the workplace, including occupancy limits and effective hygiene practices.
- We have posted signage at the main entrance indicating who is restricted from entering the premises, including visitors and workers with symptoms.
Fourth Level Protection - Using Masks
- Masks are NOT required as a part of our Covid-19 Protection Plan, at this time.
Cleaning and Hygiene Practices
- Our workplace has enough hand washing/hand sanitizing facilities on site for all our workers and customers.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing locations are visible and easily accessed.
- Hand washing and Cover coughs and sneezes posters are displayed at appropriate locations.
- We have implemented cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces — e.g., washrooms, tools, equipment, vehicle interiors, shared tables, desks, light switches, and door handles.
- Counters at Cash Registers and POS Machines to be wiped down with disinfectant cleaner after each use by cashier.
Learn more about our updated hours on contact page.